Unofficial poll: Do you want 3G in the proposed successor, GTA03?

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 09:22:11 CEST 2008

On 4/9/08, Rafael Campos <methril at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello to everyone,
>
> I think that it's really important to have the lastest technologies in mind
> in order to develop a device that is going to be out a year (or more).
> Another interesting technology that i think is going to grow in the nexts
> months is WiMAX. For me 3G is necessary for the next device, & HSDPA too,
> and also an "upgraded" wireless technology is important. Of course, all this
> is not allways necessary, but it's more attractive to the buyer to have a
> lot of technologies together and you, as a user, you choose between use them
> or not.

This is true, but I would not have a phone with everything. It would
drain too much power. I think as someone here suggested, optional
modules would be great. What if we had a WiFi module and a WiMax or 3G
module? This could be a SDIO card.

I think it is much to ask about, but it is a cool idea.

Optionally, they could make a GTA03w similar to GTA02 (with wifi),
except with quad band GSM, and make a GTA03g with 3G (and quad band
GSM) and without wifi.
There is so many options. We should not expect everything in one
phone, as this phone would be so difficult to make, drain so much
power, and be so expensive that we would never get it.

Just my thoughts

--
Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments. See

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at:
<URL:http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=5774>