Web Browser?

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 14:34:35 CEST 2008

On 4/9/08, Antoine Reid <antoine.reid at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Probably use the accelerometers for this? If phone bends over a few
> > degrees, scroll down or up... ?
> People who will use the device in the bus or in the car will hate you,
> unless there is an *easy* way to disable those small gestures, or make sure
> it is not too sensitive. :)
>
> While I don't mind using large gestures to perform some operations (like
> turning the phone upside-down to prevent it from ringing), I don't think
> small gestures should be on by default.  Otherwise, it'll be very hard to
> use in any case other than sitting down and almost not moving at all...

I am not so sure that needs to be a problem. We can detect spike
values from the accelerometer or something like that, and run it
through a filter. This means that when you are not moving, you only
need small gestures, while when you are located inside the bus, the
background guestures will be filtered away, and you need to do bigger
gestures. But I think this is not easy, since the user might want to
do a lot of gestures in after each other relatively fast. So what
about a low pass filter? Could this be done?

--
Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments. See

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at:
<URL:http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=5774>