Loosing your moko

McCreery, Lee CTR DISA lee.mccreery.ctr at pens.disa.mil
Wed Apr 9 16:28:43 CEST 2008

Well I don't know about many other Countries, but in the US an owner of a laptop has the right to install a software package that calls "mother-ship" when it boots.  The laptop is registered with a provider and should the laptop come up missing, the owner contact the police and the provider works with the police to retrieve it for the legal owner.  So I would think that if the legal owner of the "phone" (I hate "phone" the Neo is so much more) understands the risk and privacy issues it is my business.

I still think it is a great idea and can't wait for the next release so I can hack around on it.  It would be kind of fun walking down the street and having the phone notify me another OM community member is approaching.  We could start the "OM High Five" as we pass each other. :-)

  _____