Loosing your moko

Piotr Duda openmoko at nemezis.eu
Wed Apr 9 23:24:19 CEST 2008

Tim Newsom pisze:
[...]

> On Wed, April 9, 2008 2:39 pm, Sebastian Billaudelle wrote:
>
>> Yes, i think a "normal" hijacker has no skills to flash the image -

But hijacker most probably will turn the Neo off once he gets it into
his dirty hands. Then he will sell it to some fence. And fence could
have skills like this or know some person who does if he is in trading
with "hot" mobiles.

[...]
>>  I don't know if it legal to track the
>> position of a person without his/her permission - even if he/she has
>> stolen my phone...

If it is legal in your country to use some tracking system in cars
(both for stolen vehicles recovering or fleet car tracking) it is
probably also legal to use this kind of software in phone. Remember
that your intention is to track the device not the person who is,
illegally, in its possession.

regards