Web Browser?

Hans L thehans at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 21:41:57 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 1:29 PM, enaut <enaut.w at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Tim Shannon schrieb:
>

> > I would think it would be as simple as having a toggle button that toggles
> from touching the screen to scroll around (up, down, left, right), and
> interacting with a webpage.  If your in "interaction" mode, then have the
> tiny scroll bars, else leave them off.
> >
>  in your proposal there is not too much difference between clicking a tiny
> Button or using a tiny scroll bar...

It sounds like maybe you are thinking about this button being
displayed on the screen?

What about if this button was an actual hardware button, that acted as
a "modifier" key, which altered the effects of touchscreen input, as
long as it is held down.  Doesn't the Neo have a button that could be
used for this?  I think this could greatly add to the usability of a
touchscreen to have modifier keys like this, possibly even two or
three modifiers in future hardware revisions.  I think this would give
the touchscreen the same functionality and flexibility that a
multi-button mouse has on a desktop.

I know that some websites make use of interfaces which allow clicking
and dragging of HTML elements(with the help of javascript), so it
would be nice to have this option toggling between dragging to
scroll(or other browser-specific interactions), and interacting
directly with the page and it's javascript in a natural
way(page-specific interactions).

-Hans Loeblich