FreeRunner Pricing and PVT update

steve steve at openmoko.com
Mon Apr 14 01:13:16 CEST 2008

Shawn

  This is a very difficult issue. . Let me Nutshell it.

  1. We have a custom charger that can fast charge the phone.
  2. Standard usb chargers will work just fine.

Some people want the custom charger and they want access to custom
replacements
Some people want the custom charger and they will live with a standard
replacement
Some people philosophically believe we shouldn't do custom chargers.

So, I get to sort through this. But to begin with the early adopters, the
developers,
Who buy the phone first, will get a fast charger.