FreeRunner Pricing and PVT update

Joseph Jon Booker joe at neoturbine.net
Mon Apr 14 01:54:10 CEST 2008

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 16:13:16 -0700
"steve" <steve at openmoko.com> wrote:

> Stylus is of course on the goodie list. Things I will give away to
> the first few thousand buyers.
>
> If you like the stylus approach, the one we have is great. I know its
> great because at every trade show
> when I leave it on the table somebody snatches it!

Steve,

First of all, thanks tons for the information. I'm looking forward to
being one of the early adopters, and I'm sure a lot of us are very
grateful for how open this process is.

I think the issue is that the neo1973 came with some items,
* Headset
* Neo pouch
* Kickass 4-in-1 Stylus
* Lanyard
* MicroSD
* USB Cable
* Neo Tools (in Advance kit)

Just to be clear, besides the goodies for the first orders, is none of
that going to be included? I understand not including a usb cable,
tools, and MicroSD card (since these are standard) and the neo pouch
and lanyard (since those are just extra branding).

But is the software going to depend on a stylus? If so, it should be
made very clear when purchasing that the customer will need to get one.
Even better would be to include a simple cheap one, it would be better
then nothing.

I also don't remember ever getting a phone without some kind of cheap
headset. Providing a list of compatible headsets would be very nice (it
is illegal around here to use a cellphone while driving without a
hands-free).

Once again, thanks a lot for all the information. Good luck with the
rest of the PVT testing,
Joseph Jon Booker