FreeRunner Pricing and PVT update

Jason Self jason.self at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 02:38:06 CEST 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 4:13 PM, steve <steve at openmoko.com> wrote:
> Well,
>
>    My goal is to open the accessory business. Far too often companies take a
>  standard accessory product
>  And make minor changes that require the customer  to go back to them for
>  replacements. So, we are pushing
>  EVERYTHING in the direction of being open. It's a culture change. Like
>  Opening the CAD files.
>  So, that is the direction I am working toward. Open Engineering. Open
>  Marketing. Open Sales.
>
>  These culture changes take time. But from Sean on down we are committed to
>  move forward with them.
>
>  Steve

Openness is good. After checking out the wiki[1], it seem that fast
charging can be performed without the need for a custom charger, so I
personally am fine with leaving it out. My powered USB hub can supply
the needed 500mA to fast charge while at home, and an AC adapter to do
the same when away from home can be purchased online cheaply.

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo1973_Battery_Charger