Web Browser?

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 08:24:52 CEST 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 9:41 PM, Hans L <thehans at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 1:29 PM, enaut <enaut.w at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Tim Shannon schrieb:
> >

> > > I would think it would be as simple as having a toggle button that
> toggles
> > from touching the screen to scroll around (up, down, left, right), and
> > interacting with a webpage.  If your in "interaction" mode, then have
> the
> > tiny scroll bars, else leave them off.
> > >
> >  in your proposal there is not too much difference between clicking a
> tiny
> > Button or using a tiny scroll bar...
>
> It sounds like maybe you are thinking about this button being
> displayed on the screen?
>
> What about if this button was an actual hardware button, that acted as
> a "modifier" key, which altered the effects of touchscreen input, as
> long as it is held down.  Doesn't the Neo have a button that could be
> used for this?  I think this could greatly add to the usability of a
> touchscreen to have modifier keys like this, possibly even two or
> three modifiers in future hardware revisions.  I think this would give
> the touchscreen the same functionality and flexibility that a
> multi-button mouse has on a desktop.
>
> I know that some websites make use of interfaces which allow clicking
> and dragging of HTML elements(with the help of javascript), so it
> would be nice to have this option toggling between dragging to
> scroll(or other browser-specific interactions), and interacting
> directly with the page and it's javascript in a natural
> way(page-specific interactions).
>
> -Hans Loeblich

I disagree. We only have one AUX button and I think we need it for other
reasons.

And I don't want to load web sites that enables "drag-n-drop" feature.
Wouldn't it take too much ram and cpu?

If I want a full featured web browser, I can use my laptop. I want to use
the Freerunner when I do not have my laptop with me. In those cases, I don't
need drag'n drop support. But I would like java and javascript support for
the browser.
--
Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments. See

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at:
<URL:http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=5774>