Charger? (was: Re: FreeRunner Pricing and PVT update)

thomasg thomas at gstaedtner.net
Mon Apr 14 13:01:29 CEST 2008

Well, you'll get used to it :)
USB-Charging is fine. You can use a standard usb-wallcharger as well as any
mini-usb cable or usb-carchargers and so on.
I have some devices that can only be loaded over usb and some who can also
use a proprietary charger. I mostly use usb, because I have a dozend
chargers for that.
I agree that a charger should be included, but at least we have to know if
it will.
Also there's still the fast_cccv "issue", means you have to explicitly allow
the device to charge at a high rate if the charger isn't a usb-host.
As there will be no charger included, I think this should be activated in
the official distribution by default to allow charging without hacks. It
should also be clear, that there is warranty for this method of charging, as
there is no officially allowed solution included.