FreeRunner Pricing and PVT update

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Mon Apr 14 20:46:46 CEST 2008

The RapRep doesn't have the precision needed to build a Neo case, and
last I checked, didn't have varied enough base materials to make a
study, opaque, and APPEALING case. Put simply "multi-colored cases"
are purely a looks thing.

The CAD files are out there and someone who wanted to sell after
market cases and felt that there was sustainable demand to be
profitable doing it, could. I'm willing to bet that in typical mobile
phone fashion there will be a wide variety of stickers and shells for
the device long before there are new case kits.

For a single unit, it would probably be cheaper to buy a spare case
and have an automotive body expert paint it.