Target Market (was: Re: Charger?)

andy selby andyfrommk at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 14 22:03:43 CEST 2008

> Let me give you another example... I've probably showed 20 people pics of
> the Neo1973.  You want to know what I hear?  "Man, that's ugly!"  That's
> what I hear every time.  Now you're thinking "so what? it's functional".
> You and I may not care what it looks like, but consumers do.  I'm guessing
> no focus group was done by FIC way back when as the prototype was created.
> It was a bunch of techie/engineering types that generally have no clue what
> consumers want.

IIRC the neo came about because a company went to FIC and asked them
to build a prototype device (purpose unknown) but never went ahead
with the idea, so FIC had this design and Sean Moss-pultz suggested to
management that they could sell it as a completly open linux phone.
I could, of course, be completly wrong