DHL has a package for me!

steve steve at openmoko.com
Tue Apr 15 21:22:21 CEST 2008

Well to release the package to me they needed my social security number.
BUT, they would not take it verbally over the phone. They needed written
proof.

Why? because as the customs lady explained, homeland security had audited
DHL and found out
that people had lied to them about their SSN. So, Now DHL requires written
proof of your SSN.
to clear customs.

I was  given two options: Provide a Copy of your social secuity card front
and back, or provide a copy
of your Tax forms with the financial data blacked out.

Whatever, the stuff is headed my way.

  _____