next costumers location

Ole Tange openmoko.org at tange.dk
Tue Apr 15 23:39:00 CEST 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 1:13 AM, steve <steve at openmoko.com> wrote:

>    A. We killed the orange colored phone. May it rest in peace.

As mentioned in other thread the color seems to matter a lot to
females. When it is ready to be used by the general population, please
consider introducing a female-friendly color (red?).

> The thought was this. Shipping to a HUB in Europe and then having that HUB service Europe
>  Would be CHEAPER than shipping to the US and having the US serve Europe. Seemed logical. That was wrong.

How was this computed? From the view of FIC or the view of the consumer?

If I buy from the US I will have to pay shipping (which is at least
double of shipping in EU), VAT (25%), import service fee (USD 30).
If I buy from the EU I will have to pay shipping, no VAT, no import service fee.

If the shipping from US is 80 USD and the phone is USD 400, then I
will be paying around USD 570 to receive the phone from the US.

/Ole