Unofficial poll: Do you want 3G in the proposed successor, GTA 03?

Justyn Butler justynbutler+openmoko at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 16 02:38:38 CEST 2008

On 15/04/2008, Carlo E. Prelz <fluido at fluido.as> wrote:
>  QWERTY keyboards and appropriate cases are, I believe, produced
>  already, and can be subcontracted. There is no surprise in a QWERTY
>  keyboard.
>
>  There was also FIC's plan to produce *a number* of devices, based on
>  the hardware that is currently being finalized. I hope that one of
>  them will be a device with a real keyboard, and I think it appropriate
>  for me to show that there is support for such a device.

It would be great to see the next generation of Openmoko hardware fork
into two devices to help satisfy the more opposing types of
requirements from the community.

One could perhaps be as small as possible, and lower cost. The other
might go for extra features like a keyboard, camera, two sim cards
etc.