End User Input....and Question

Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 13:19:43 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Rune Gangstø <runegang at gmail.com> wrote:
> How hard is it to upgrade software version yourself?
IT shoudn't be too hard, and I expect that tools and documentation
will be made available for Windows, Mac and Linux users.

> Is it like this version is complete, but software isn't? or is the hardware
> to be changed when the end user version is ready?
The hardware is definitive (except if a real showstopper is found
_now_, although I think we're past that point already). The software
isn't, and probably won't be for a long time. This is not a negative
comment, but software is never 'finished'. It will probably be
'finished enough' to enable daily phone use (make/receive call,
send/receive SMS, some phonebook functionality). Lots of people will
probably invest more time on developing for the FreeRunner if they
have the real hardware in their sweaty hands (I know I will (or at
least try :-) )).

Christ van Willegen
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0