3G? What about CDMA?

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Wed Apr 16 20:14:54 CEST 2008

GSM is essentially an international standard. With some exceptions,
CDMA isn't used much.

Furthermore, even in the USA, Verizon will be deploying a GSM network
"soon" (next few years). So a Freerunner WILL work on Verizon in the
near future.

Don't count on a CDMA device, using a relatively "closed" network
doesn't meet the aims of the Openmoko project.