which applications are usable

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Thu Apr 17 19:22:05 CEST 2008

I do reviews using the GTA01 and will begin doing reviews on the GTA02
as soon as I have it.

Currently, I use the Neo1973 (GTA01) as my primary phone. Call quality
is decent. There are some stability issues that come and go as the
code is tweaked and such. Just about everything in a default image
that works on the GTA01 works on Freerunner, from what I hear.

Sending and receiving SMS messages works fine. Incoming calls work
fine. Outgoing calls work fine. You can save contacts to your address
book and recall them. You can play some basic games. You can set
reminders in the calendar, use the calculator. Listen to music (mp3
and Vorbis are the only I've tested, but probably others too).

Again, I've not gotten my hands on a Freerunner yet, so assuming
there's not some massive bug and an internal conspiracy to conceal it,
that should be about the same on Freerunner. :)