FreeRunner Pricing and PVT update

joerg at openmoko.org joerg at openmoko.org
Fri Apr 18 13:06:03 CEST 2008

Am Fr  18. April 2008 schrieb steve:
> It's the first one, michale will detail all of these when he posts his
> getting started web page, complete with pictures, diagrams etc

Plus those notorious 47k ID R, plus 2 x 15K pulldown on data D+ D-. That's the
*real* magic of the "famous Y-cable" ;-)

> It doesn't
> seem very straightforward to use (a three-way cable ?) but covers all
> the cases of cable #2 (hence it is more "universal").

Clearly spoken it breaks USB-specs when used without external power source, as
a replacement for cable #2. The 15k pulldowns shouldn't be there because
Freerunner is doing the pulldown when powering the USB-jack. So with Y-cable
you get 7.5k pulldown instead of 15k. Probably no problem, just for the
record.

> It definitively
> cannot be found in a shop and I guess this involves a cutter and some
> dirty electronics to make one.

And a rare 5-pin mini-usb-jack to access the ID-pin :-/ (for the 47k)

> I hope I'm making this clearer, and wonder what we can expect in the
> final package ?

/jOERG