Freerunner will be GTA02v5 or GTA02v6? (was: Fwd: Future Button and LED software spec)

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 20:21:29 CEST 2008

On 4/18/08, Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> wrote:

> | I'm re-posting here some mails from the openmoko-devel "Future Button
> | and LED software spec" thread [1] in which there are some infos about
> | Freerunner hardware that I think they should be more visible.
> |
> | Summarizing, they say that the GTA02v6 hardware version fixes an
> | hardware bug that causes the LEDs to use about 150mW instead of 25mW.
>
> Yeah, but how often are the LEDs lit in normal operation: ~0.

As written in the dev list, the problem is with the transistors:

*Shawn Rutledge wrote:
> But  GTA02v5 is not going to ship is it?*

*Last thing I've heard, the first units will be GTA02v5 *

*Fortunately, these power-draining LEDs (well, it's the transistors
really) are the only major issue we fixed between v5 and v6. There
are a few smaller improvements, mainly shaving off a mW of suspend
power consumption here and there.*

*- Werner*
It was not easy to find any details, but it was mentioned something about a
fix: