Charging Neo Freerunner via USB port

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 23:50:31 CEST 2008

On 4/18/08, Flemming Richter Mikkelsen <quatrox at gmail.com> wrote:
> This could be done even more simple:
>  - Download and install the program
>  - Connect the charger with the unknown resistor
>  - Click on the button "Get charger ID"
>  - If a valid charger ID is found, the button "Add this charger"
> becomes clickable, else it is grayed out.
>
> What do you think?

- Ohh, and a valid charger ID would be a resistance between res_min and res_max.
- Several pins could be probed
- The program add this value to the /etc/charger.conf for you
- The program that autodetects the charger, parses /etc/charger.conf
if the file exists

Just a thought
--
Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments. See

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at:
<URL:http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=5774>