Freerunner will be GTA02v5 or GTA02v6? (was: Fwd: Future Button and LED software spec)

Janne Junnila janne.junnila at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 16:00:57 CEST 2008

Personally I'd be happier with a design that has no known/"already
fixed in the next revision" current leaks.

I'm seriously considering buying Freerunner to get a truly open Linux
-based phone. I don't think I'd
have problems with the software, having pretty firm background in
programming and Linux, but I
doubt I'd go for soldering things.

Thus I may be postponing my buying. I thought it would be cool to have
the phone among the firsts -
the half ready software wouldn't matter, I could just try to
familiarize myself with the phone, making
it feel like home by writing my own applications. However, now I got
to think whether the more
ready hardware would be worth the wait.