Freerunner will be GTA02v5 or GTA02v6? (was: Fwd: Future

Bobby Martin bobbymartin2 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 16:45:15 CEST 2008

> Andrea Debortoli wrote:
>
> > I think nobody will buy a GTA02v5 knowing that a better revision will be
> > available some days after...
> >

> I will too, but only because I can't wait longer :(
> I'm not so happy about this decision, btw...

I really don't understand why there's so much angst over this.  To me,
Kevin's proposed solution is perfect.

If some people are so anxious to buy that they'll buy a v5, why should all
of the people willing to buy a v5 have to wait for OM to retool for v6?  Why
should OM have to eat the cost of the v5s they've already produced (assuming
some of those are for sale)?

Personally, I want the hardware to be as good as OM knows how to make it, so
I'm waiting for v6 before I buy.  I don't see any reason to delay the
purchase for all the people who want to buy a v5 now, though.

Marco, you would have to wait either way - either everyone waits for the v6,
or only the people who prefer to wait for the v6 do.  That seems like a
really clear choice to me.

Bobby

--
Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the
leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being