Don't ship GTA02v5 without the rework

Pietro "m0nt0" Montorfano monto84 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 17:49:01 CEST 2008

Marco Trevisan (Treviño) ha scritto:
> I agree... There's also another issue to consider: in the marketing
> threads it was said that the first "thousands phones" will have more
> goods in their box, so this makes me think that only people buying a v5
> will get these things.
>
> My personal position is now quite singular, since I'd like to get the
> best hardware I can (since I know there's it already) but I also need a
> phone (but with good power management and so good daily usage) as soon
> as I can.

Well, for me it's important to have a good hardware, if it has some
known issue i would prefer that they sould be solved, if this LED bug
could be fixed with a simple transistor replacement, this transistor is
in the GTA02v5 box and it's possible for a normal guy with a little
soldering skills to replace this transistor it's not a problem (read
something like "if i can do that it's ok :D").
If the issue is something that can't be solved it's something that goes
opposite of what is GTA02 for, a solid hardware platform.
"Every commercial product has bug" it's not a good point.

I'll buy it if it's fixable, waiting for a word from OM :D

Cya!

Pietro
(Despite everything i really like the OM approach!! Go Go OM Guys and
remember, may the source be with you!! :D)