Don't ship GTA02v5 without the rework - reply

Neng-Yu Tu (Tony Tu) tony at openmoko.com
Sun Apr 20 11:15:29 CEST 2008

Dear Ron/Community:

This confusion comes from time latency of series of events, but no
matter A5 or A6 should all apply the LED transistor change.

I already update all the changes that shipping A5 will apply.

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_GTA02_Hardware#GTA02_mass_roduction_version_change_list

If your A5 don't have these changes, either you are lucky prototype
users, or pure sample sent by sales.

The full event time line like this:

2008 Early March: Werner/Andy found this potential LED leakage issue
under some LED ON power scheme

2008 Mid/Late March: Allen_Chang try several transistor vendors, to
replace original transistor, during this time DVT4 units are produced
without apply this change

2008 Early April: Finally transistor vendor provide 200 pcs transistor
for experiment, Allen and Willie/Miles verified that this transistor
could work on boards and fits our production software/process. So this
components was approved. But due to quantiles limit, the same time PVT1
and PVT2 pre_MP units don't _All_ apply these changes.

As I known, all the PVT and pre-MP units will ship back Taipei for RD
usage and sample, won't ship to customers.

Tony Tu