99

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 11:23:36 CEST 2008

> the problem with paying a bounty for these sort of things, is that
> progammers then end up competing against each other, so are less
> inclined to share their part-way results, thus potentially slowing
> down a solution to the problem
>
> this was shown quite clearly a couple of years back, with the 'get
> windows xp to boot on an intel mac'. there was iirc, a 10k+ prize fund
> by the end, and it was a return to the bad old days of closed-source
> programming. no community, no-one helping each other

I agree with this. I like to donate to a good project. I have my
FSF membership to prove that. Similar, we could have an
Openmoko membership. Maybe all the members got a neo
punch? The price of the membership could be something like
$25 pro anno.

Just my 2 cents.
--
Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments. See

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at:
<URL:http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=5774>