99 vs RED (or was it PINK) Phone cases

Alexey Feldgendler alexey at feldgendler.ru
Mon Apr 21 12:16:11 CEST 2008

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:43:18 +0200, Marco Trevisan (Treviño)
<mail at 3v1n0.net> wrote:

>>  BTW, there is a way to work around the v5 issue in software. Because
>> the LED in an unmodified v5 shines 6 or so times as bright as it should
>> (and eats 6 times more power), the solution is to correct the
>> brightness with PWM to reduce it 6 times. This would bring the
>> brightness and power consumption to normal.

> Well, I didn't know there was also this software "workaround", since the
> only that was stated was turning off the LED itself...

I didn't know that either. I've just made it up. Theoretically, it should
work.

> Well, a workaround like this can be considered something like a real fix
> imho :P

That is, if there is an easy way to do PWM without sucking too much CPU
time. (Well, I suppose PWM will be used on the LEDs anyway for
glowing/pulsing effects.)