Steve on V5 versus v6

Daniel Barkalow barkalow at iabervon.org
Mon Apr 21 22:07:36 CEST 2008

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008, steve wrote:

> The pouch, alas, did not fit into the box. When Michael gets his photos
> done, or my spawn get their video done, then you will see that we have
> greatly reduced the size of the box. Partly for aesthetics, and partly to
> create a product where I could pack 10 phones boxes in a bigger box, and
> then ship that bigger box efficiently. So, I had to optimize some things.
>
> Now, I realize that people want accessories.  So As this launch gets going
> I'll put together some ideas, for accessory packs
>
> Fundamentally, I would rather that some community member build a business
> around this. Our marketing materials are open source. So, you can build
> your own pouches, use our brand, and make a business from accessories.

No, no, you should include a sewing pattern for the official pouch in the
box. It would be neat to have an official Openmoko pouch for your phone,
but it would be even better if that pouch was handmade by each owner for
their own phone. Especially if the instructions have configuration
options.

	-Daniel
*This .sig left intentionally blank*