Steve on V5 versus v6

Cesar Eduardo Barros cesarb at cesarb.net
Tue Apr 22 16:07:25 CEST 2008

Tilman Baumann escreveu:
> Antoine Reid wrote:
>> Don't you need to open the case to insert the battery, the SIM card
>> and the SD card?   Or am I mistaken here? Do you need to remove
>> another panel to get to the debug board connector?
>
> This was at least so with the Neo 1973.
>
> The battery, SIM and MMC compartment is easily to open with bare
> fingers. (Really, you don't need the guitar pick)
> If you lost your fingernails in a horrible freak accident or any other
> reason, you could use anything else thin. :)
>
> Going down to the debug port needs a torx screwdriver anyway.
>
> The guitar pick is a nice nerdy idea. But completely useless. *g*

Getting to the debug port, at least as described in the wiki, needs both
the torx screwdriver and the guitar pick. You are opening the front
cover for that, not the back cover (which can be opened with your
fingers alone, and is where the battery is). See
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Disassembling_Neo1973#Carefully_remove_top_cover
for the details.

--
Cesar Eduardo Barros