DLP Pico Projector

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 21:15:01 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Bastian Muck <bastian.muck at gmx.de> wrote:
>  I'd love to have this chio in gta03, but i guess, that it will be too
> expensive to integrate it, also in 2 years. :-(

It can be an external accessory for now.  (A linked video there was
showing a separate projector hooked up to an ipod, showing a movie.)
But the phone needs a video output.  I would hope it could be digital
video, although for the ipod I imagine they are using the composite
video pin.

IMO the future OM phones ought to at least have the LCD signals
available on a connector.  (It can be a tiny one, like the Hirose type
that the Gumstix boards are using.)  Then it should be possible for us
to make a daughterboard for driving external displays.  (One
daughterboard to convert to HDMI, and/or another for composite,
depending on what types of projectors become available.)  There could
be a "sled" for the back of the phone that contains the daughterboard.
 But if even more signals are available on the expansion connector,
other types of sleds would be possible: extra memory (CF or SD slots),
extended battery, wireless battery charger, NFC, Zigbee, etc.  Later
the sled could include the whole projector, when it becomes available.