What US plans are people using?

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Tue Apr 22 23:15:32 CEST 2008

"Travis Tabbal" <travis at tabbal.net> writes:

> The Wiki didn't really answer what works and how well it works. I'm wondering
> what plans people are currently using. All the info I find is about specific
> phones, like Blackberry and Sidekick, nothing really generic. Can we just add,
> say the Sidekick option from T-Mobile and get data access? The phone isn't
> worth the money to me without both data and voice. Hopefully keeping the plan
> costs reasonable at the same time. I'd prefer an unlimited data plan, as I
> think I'll use that a lot more than I'll use voice.

With T-Mobile you can get a base voice plan and then add either
T-Mobile Internet (unlimited GPRS) or T-Mobile Total Internet
(unlimited GPRS and Hotspot access) for $20 a month. Naturally the
latter is a better deal since it costs the same and the Freerunner has
wifi.

I have T-Mobile Total Internet and it is rather nice; I was forced to
use my phone as GPRS modem for a good two months and they didn't seem
to mind me transfering a few gigs each month.

--
Leebert: You don't listen to music.
Leebert: You listen to the audio equivalent of /dev/urandom