What US plans are people using?

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Thu Apr 24 10:03:13 CEST 2008

I have a further question, perhaps best for someone who knows something
about how the cellphone system operates:

I notice that with my T-Mobile SIM card, my GTA01 camps on the "home"
network, but my AT&T card shows "roaming".

Is it possible that in roaming mode, the system keeps scanning and tries
to connect on the home network? Would this explain the "oscillation"
problem that Sean Chiang describes?

Michael