Video Playback virtually impossible on Neo Freerunner? (Re: Video of Qt 4.4 on Neo1973: brings iPhone like graphics)

David Samblas Martinez dsamblas at yahoo.es
Thu Apr 24 15:00:33 CEST 2008

I know and I'm sorry if I was missunderstood I'm not
complaining about I will be unable to play video, I
complaining about Have a 640x480 resolution screen and
not able to play at 640x480 resolution.
Well more than complaining about this is that I
believe that with that cpu and graphical power I will
be able to do that, maybe not now but developing the
glamo drivers it would be posible, but today I realize
that is a bus issue so no matter how much Hz and
features drivers had read the sd and play
640x480x25fps at time doesn't fit in the "pipe", and
we cannot change the tube.
But again is all about my own expectations and the
ignorace about the shared sd/graphics bus issue.

Cuestions:,
It will be able to play full screen at 480*320*25=5.6
m/s ?
1.4 M/s is enought to read the video on the sd at same
time??

I if I not wrong mp4 ratio is 16:1 so 1.4*16=22.4 max
raw video data in the 1.4 pipe so seems to be enough
even for a less cpu eater video compresion.

I will be able to live with a little pixelation ;)(a
lot of irony in this phrase in the era of youtube
fullscreen videos on 1280x1024 screen)