Group ordering details?

ian douglas ian.douglas at iandouglas.com
Fri Apr 25 05:32:18 CEST 2008

I imagine that one of the 10 people who wants to be part of the bulk
order will be responsible for collecting the funds from the other 9
orders, waiting for checks to clear, etc., and then place the order with
OpenMoko.

It's really up to the group. I know personally I'd hate to pony up the
$3690 plus taxes plus shipping for a box of phones and THEN worry about
how I'm going to get money from everyone who wants one ... I'd want
their money up front, and it'll take trust on both sides, same as if you
order something online. But paying someone with paypal can also be
abused, etc., which is why so many local groups are forming.

Just my $0.02.

-id