Newbee ..- encrypted calls/SMS

Crane, Matthew mcrane03 at harris.com
Fri Apr 25 15:18:44 CEST 2008

Yes, I understand that, that is why I'm thinking of this approach.  My
idea was to use analog voice transforms and their inverse with
properties that would preserve most of the codec performance.  But it
would be awfully difficult to sync up the inverse on the other end
without a data connection, I expect that with voice calls that delay can
be added and removed without warning.

But in terms of complexity and chance of success, it does seem like the
encrypted SMS is both practical and feasible, compared to any sort of
voice encryption.

Maybe a composite solution?  Secure voip session initiated by encrypted
SMS?

Is there a benfit to using smartcard SAMs for encrypted peer2peer
communications with OpenMoko?

SD card with SAM: http://www.sdid.com/products1010.shtml

Or the GPG fellowship card:
http://gnupg.org/howtos/card-howto/en/smartcard-howto-single.html