Shipping questions, customer organized distribution in Europe

Geoff Ruscoe gcruscoe at sigmavisions.com
Sun Apr 27 21:24:24 CEST 2008

Thanks so much for the clarification --  I guess I missed that!

So it sounds like the $399 includes shipping to Freemont, CA?  We're
responsible for shipping from there?

And how appropriate that the openmoko neo freerunner goes to Freemont!

I am so excited about this phone I just can't stand it!!!!!!!!!

Cheers to you all!

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Erland Lewin <erland at lewin.nu> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick answer, Steve.
>
> 2008/4/27 steve <steve at openmoko.com>:
>
> > just doing a quick check from UPS the shipment from the US [to Europe]
> > for a single phone would be on the order of 70 USD
> >
> > For 10 phones the bulk is on the order of 160USD, which mean 16USD per
> > customer.
> >
> Could you offer shipping by the US Postal Service? Looking at their
> website, I see that for instance, they have a service called 'Express Mail
> International' that would cost $28 for a single phone, with a delivery time
> in 6 days to Sweden, and a service called 'Priority Mail International'
> which would cost $19 for delivery in 6-10 days.
>
> The same services would be $51 for a 10-pack with delivery in 6 days, or
> $35-40 for delivery in 6-10 days.
>
> I'm sure many customers would prefer saving, say $50 on the shipping of a
> single phone, or $120 for a 10-pack even if delivery takes an extra week
> (even if we're all anxious to get our phones).
>
> Geoff: I was asking about shipment to Europe. I think Steve mentioned
> shipping to Freemont, CA because he was saying that all phones are shipped
> from China to Freemont directly first, and then to wherever the customer is.
>
> /Erland

Geoff Ruscoe
Sigma Visions Computer Consulting