Engineering Driven vs. Community Driven (was Re: Ugliness)

hank williams hank777 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 18:54:04 CEST 2008

I have to say my unvoiced thoughts were the same as Ryan's. I was not at all
clear why a call for the community to help figure marketing stuff out would
be met by a request to take the discussion off list as though it was somehow
inappropriate for public discussion. It seemed like a very strange response.
Now reading the responses to Ryan's comments seem even more strange. I feel
like I am missing something because the responses to Ryan's comments seem on
the surface, inappropriate as well.

Hank

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Ryan Prior <ryanprior at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I never said anything about a conspiracy - I just thought I'd point out
> > that
> >  > it strikes me as strange to respond to somebody's call to open up a
> > process
> > > and involve the community by asking that person to make their
> > communications
> > > private!
> >
> > So according to you, it should not be possible to talk with people
> > outside the mailing list?
>

> I did not say anything quite so bold, and you've completely missed my
> meaning. Please go back and read the thread again - my comment is purely a
> reaction the circumstances under which the request for secrecy arrived.

blog: whydoeseverythingsuck.com