Shipping questions, customer organized distribution in Europe

Erland Lewin erland at lewin.nu
Mon Apr 28 21:51:54 CEST 2008

2008/4/28 Steven Kurylo <sk at infinitepigeons.org>:

> I would really like the option to use the USPS instead of UPS.  UPS
> charges much higher brokerage fees to bring a package into Canada
> compared to the USPS.

If OpenMoko, Inc. won't do it, it sounds like a business opportunity for
someone living close to Freemont to buy phones, pick them up or have
inexpensive shipping, and then remail them to the rest of the world with
USPS, charging a minor fee (around $10 per phone might make it worth while
without being too expensive).

As I wrote that I realized that there might be existing commerical services
in the US that does stuff like that...

/Erland