.Mac like service

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 02:44:33 CEST 2008

2008/4/30 Shawn Rutledge <shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Kosa <kosa at piradio.org> wrote:
>  >  I wonder if there's any chance Openmoko could
>  >  (or is going to) offer a service like apple's .Mac
>  >  for the Openmoko users. I have some ideas (and
>  >  I'm sure you have a lot more) that could make
>  >  this service very useful.
>
>  What kind of features do you want to see?  What are the use cases?

my list starts with:
*backing up phone settings, including list of installed packages (in
case i need to re-install everything)
*backing up e-mails/text messages
*storing gps coords in case the phone's stolen/lost
*backup/storage of any other arbitrary files

some or all of these could have the option to be encrypted of course