.Mac like service

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 03:10:08 CEST 2008

On 4/30/08, Shawn Rutledge <shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Robin Paulson <robin.paulson at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  my list starts with:
> >  *backing up phone settings, including list of installed packages (in
> >  case i need to re-install everything)
> >  *backing up e-mails/text messages
> >  *storing gps coords in case the phone's stolen/lost
> >  *backup/storage of any other arbitrary files
>
> You would want it to be a commercial service like .mac, with a
> subscription fee and guaranteed reliable service, and use GPRS to
> access it?  Or you would want to just do that stuff with your own PC?

I think some of the community members could set up a server for this.
Of course there must be some encrytion so the private data is secured.
--
Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at:
<URL:http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=5774>

Free your mind - Open(moko) your phone