Video Playback virtually impossible on Neo Freerunner? (Re:Video of Qt 4.4 on Neo1973: brings iPhone like graphics)

Robert Schuster theBohemian at gmx.net
Wed Apr 30 11:30:02 CEST 2008

Hi.

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) schrieb:
> word of warning. you may THINK the freerunner (ta02) and n800/810 are
> comparable devices when it comes to video. you would be wrong if you think
> this. they most certainly are NOT. very far from that. i have an n800 - i have
> done development and graphics benchmarking etc. on it. i have done the same on
> the neo1973 (gta01) and freerunner(gta02). though you may think they are
> comparable - the video buses are an order of 4x faster on the n800 for starters
> (from memory about 25m/s to the video card - and THAT was considered SLOW).
Not to mention that the ARM CPU in the N800 is two generations later
(armv6 vs. armv4) and contains a floating-point unit.

Btw: Kobodeluxe 0.5.1 is in the OM repositories by now. This is not
about video playback but shows the neo's video (c)abilities quite nice.
It is not that slow. Enjoy the patches I wrote to make Kobo work on the
Neo. :)

Regards
Robert