.Mac like service

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 15:29:09 CEST 2008

On 4/30/08, Christoph Witzany <mail at doublemalt.net> wrote:
> I would very much like to participate at such a project (or even kick it off
> ftm), as my the plans for my PhD work include creating a service that would
> fulfill an important part of this: The transparent storage of data in the
> [Web|Cloud|Grid|<newest_buzzword_for_distributed_networks>].

I think that the best way to implement this is with a version control system,
so that you may restore your address book from x updates ago, etc. The
version control system should be able to handle binary data (e.g. svn) so
that the information may be encrypted. Using a version control system would
also minimize the network traffic.

--
Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at:
<URL:http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=5774>

Free your mind - Open(moko) your phone