Warranty after fix for GTA02 GPS rework for SD card interferenceissue

Vibhav Sharma khoonirobo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 08:10:20 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:

> |     I'm using OM2007.2 updated to today morning (Thursday July 31), and
> | TangoGPS.
> | Also have the map cache directory on the card. Normally works fine, but
> | when I move indoors,
> | gps shows 10 satellite fixes and gives my speed as 482 Km/h (really ....
> | it did).
> |
> | So either I broke the land speed record for a guy on foot ... or I think
> | I will have to have that
> | capacitor fix.
>
> I dunno how a 10pF capacitor on SD_CLK is going to fix the GPS chip
> acting erratic when it genuinely loses the satellites as you "move indoors".
>
> FWIW you'll need to wait for tomorrow's kernels to get yesterday's two
> fixes in there.
>
> - -Andy

Hi Andy,

I'm the guy who said that.

Actually I based my observation on the fact that i saw an entry of
10/x/y as the endmost entry on the TangoGPS status line.
Isn't that supposed to mean that it still has fixes from 10 satellites.
So I thought it must be a SNR issue and the capacitor fix
is supposed to help on that ... right?

This was all guesswork on my part. If somebody could help with how to
make observations on GPS performance, I'd be glad to
do testing and provide input.

The kernel update is going on as I type this. So will test again today
if possible. And don't worry ... will be doing the hardware
fix only after OM finally, after all software fixes, decides it will
still help / otherwise not.

-- Vibhav