Warranty after fix for GTA02 GPS rework for SD card interferenceissue

Konstantin Chaosspawn23 at gmx.net
Fri Aug 1 08:26:00 CEST 2008

Hi there!

I'm not Andy obviously, but I think I still can answer that one ;)

> Hi Andy,
>
> I'm the guy who said that.
>
> Actually I based my observation on the fact that i saw an entry of
> 10/x/y as the endmost entry on the TangoGPS status line.
> Isn't that supposed to mean that it still has fixes from 10 satellites.
> So I thought it must be a SNR issue and the capacitor fix
> is supposed to help on that ... right?

Actually, the first number in 10/x/y in TangoGPS' status line represents the
number of visible satellites, not the number of fixes you got. So if it says
10/0/x, that means you can "see" 10 satellites, but don't have a fix (because,
for example, the signal is too weak). So it's quite normal you didn't get a gps
trace if the second number was 0.

HTH,
Konstantin