Removing SMS Messages from OM

John Whitmore captain.deadly at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 21:00:43 CEST 2008

Sorry can't find answer to problem.

Hello all, Well my OpenMoko has arrived and I'm very happy with it.
Thanks to all the people who've made this happen. I do hope that in the
future I can join the contributors.

Before that I've got two minor problems which somebody might be able to
direct me to the solutions on the wiki. I can't seem to find them.

Firstly my Irish Vodafone SIM card don't work so I'll have to get a new
one tomorrow. In the mean time I plugged in a friend's SIM just to see
if that worked. It did, so that I know it's a SIM issue, but now I've
got a load of my friend's SMS messages in my OM phone :-( Never thought
that would happen. OK what was I thinking, but could somebody tell me
where the OM stores it's SMS's and can I delete them?

Secondly I have a few problems which I think are probably fixed in a
later version of SW. I was trying to do the Getting Started Wiki stuff
and unfortunately the "opkg update" has a load of 404 errors which the
wiki says to ignore. But when I do a opkg upgrade I get nothing. No
upgrade is required. I assume that this should not be the case?

Sorry if I've missed an obvious search and thanks again for all the
effort. This is a truly amazing achievement.

John Whitmore