GSM Stuff

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sat Aug 2 17:45:43 CEST 2008

Am Sa  2. August 2008 schrieb Scott:
> I got the GSM external antenna adapter from DigiKey
>
> http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=490-4982-ND
>
> Fits perfectly in the phone,

Would I recommend crap to you? ;-)
Anyway please note this is a test-adapter not designed for rough trade every
day use. Also the receptacle on phone is designed for 500 rounds of
insert/plug. There were no tests done on what will break after those 500
plug-actions. Might be the adapter doesn't click in anymore, may also turn
out it's the switch that fails to connect to *internal* antenna when no jack
plugged. Be warned!

> had to order an adapter though as the
> other end is an SMA-J female and I needed to connect to a TNC male.
>
> Also got the caps for the SD card rework, Jesus are they tiny!  I'm
> gonna get out my magnifying  glass
For sure you need

> and set one up to evaluate if I think
> I can solder that "grain of sand" sized unit or not!
Honestly, I've seen grains of sand much bigger than this, no shit!

> I guess its sized
> so it won't interfere with the card.

Still you need take care not to scratch that grain of sand off the device when
opening the card-holder.

/jOERG