GPS application (was: Request for help: Would like community applications to show anddiscuss at LinuxWorld)

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Sat Aug 2 21:48:44 CEST 2008

> What is the point of having GPS anyway?

Its nice, when you're navigating around an unfamiliar area, to be able
to have a realtime update of where you are exactly.  Its also fun to
have a trace of your trip, if you're the kind of person who gets out a
bit.  Nice in the forests and among nature, for example, to find that
'magic spot' again ..

> I spend most of my time walking or taking public transport, within a
> very short radius, in an area I already know very well. I'm just not
> getting what's cool or exciting about GPS.

GPS is a good reason to get out more.

;
--
Jay Vaughan