GPRS for FSO Milestone 2

C R McClenaghan chris at mcclenaghan.com
Sat Aug 2 23:13:41 CEST 2008

I've been able to hack together the necessary ppp scripts to get GPRS
working on FSO Milestone 2 release. This is for a Freerunner, if it
matters.

I stole liberally from http://freeyourphone.de/portal_v1/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=295&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=dda5c6cbf5850182c786488123f056ce

and made couple of tweaks. Basically, I'm just using the following
files from the tar file referenced at the above link - gprs, gprs-
connect-chat, gprs-disconnect-chat, gprson, gprsoff. Most of the
instructions at the above link can be ignored as the work of
multiplexing call and data traffic is part of FSO framework (as I
understand it). Just make sure you put each of the above files in the
correct locations as indicated. The missing piece is to simply use the
shell scripts gprson and gprsoff. The former has the dbus request to
get a MUX'd channel from gsm daemon (gsm0710muxd sp?).

I'll post something to the wiki if there's sufficient interest.

Chris