SD Card Fix Fubar

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Aug 3 01:13:42 CEST 2008

Well I think I screwed my SD card reader trying to solder on the GPS fix.

I got the cap soldered on, slamed in an sd card and fired it up.

No card. Nothing mounted at /media/card and doing a manual mount
produced the error

mount: special device /dev/mmcblk0p1 does not exist

BUMMER!

So.... pulled the card out, got out the big magnifier and there was a
solder spec between pin 6 and 7!  *hit!

I unsoldered the cap, sucked and scraped all the solder out. Metered
between all the pins to verify no shorts( I know I should have done that
  first). Put the card back in and no joy..  nada..

Not sure how to proceed now.  Is Openmoko going to be taking FR's back
for repairs?

Scott