firmware Re: IMEI

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Sun Aug 3 16:33:47 CEST 2008

Am Sonntag 03 August 2008 13:20:34 schrieb Learning It:
> It means that this project is not totaly open to community....hmmm

Do you have source for the firmware of your bluetooth chipset, your GPS
chipset, your WLAN chipset, your printer, your modem?

GSM is a closed market, there is only a handfull of certified stacks available
and these are considered mission critical trade secret -- whether we like
that or not. Until the forseeable future, I don't see the powers allowing any
open GSM stack (apart from the fact that such a thing doesn't exist) to be
allowed to operate in public networks.

--
:M: